The radio has always been an important source of entertainment, information and so on, and basically a very important aspect in the lives of a lot of people. Be it for talk shows hosted on the radio, games and sports commentaries, or simple music, right from the oldest, most classic hits to the latest new hit songs, people listen to the radio, and just like a television, or even a book, a radio is also pretty advantageous and entertaining. In spite of being invented about a hundred years ago from now, there are people who still get hooked on the radio, proving that it is one of the most significant inventions in history.
However, listening to the radio can sometimes have hindrances, and there might be problems such as bad reception, time consuming work where you have to search for the station you want, and so on. While listening to the traditional radio is obviously still quite in fashion, internet radio is something that has been developed fairly recently, and has quite a few distinct advantages over the traditional radio.
Advantages of Listening to Internet Radio
- It is very easily accessible. All you need is a laptop, a phone or a desktop, speakers and media players, if you prefer; and an internet connection, and you can choose from numerous talk shows, music tracks, music countdown shows, and other such radio programmes, and can access it right away, hassle – free.
- Listening to Internet radio is either completely free, or can be of very little cost. There are some online stations that host shows for which you do not require additional equipment like media players, saving you those extra charges. Some online radio stations may charge a weekly or mostly monthly fee for subscription, but you can also find plenty of stations where you can listen to whatever you want free of cost.
- Online radios have the largest databases, and you can choose from such a wide variety of radio programming, international and regional. In a traditional radio, tuning requires a good reception, and only features radio stations and shows that are regional. Online stations provide programmes from all over the world.
- You can even find stations that play music tracks for particular genres, like folk, rock, hip-hop, jazz, pop, country and so on and so forth, unlike in traditional radios where you are forced to stick to only two options, AM and FM stations, that lack in variety.
- Most of the time, only local sports and games shows commentaries are featured on traditional radio stations, but with online radio you can listen to sports and games broadcasts, from anywhere around the globe.
- Another very important and significant advantage is that there are much fewer advertisements in internet radios. They generally broadcast very less commercials and advertisements as compared to traditional radios. Some internet radio stations air no commercials at all.
Apart from that, online radios also have better sound quality and so on and so forth. So what do you think which one is better?